This course with Pete Lauren Consulting covers Scrum fundamentals and key principles including the framework, mechanics, and roles of Scrum. The course also teaches how to use Scrum, how to optimise value, reduce the total cost of ownership of software products and deliver more frequently.
Participants learn through an instructor-led session and team-based exercises and are challenged to think out of the box to better understand what to do in the real work environment. You will be ready to attempt the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master I certification exam (PSM I) after the training
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN?
- The fundamentals of Scrum and how it’s created to deal with complex product development
- Develop mastery of the Scrum Framework
- Introduce Scrum to your organisation, or increase its efficacy if already in use
- Identify ways to support your team and organisation on continuous improvement initiatives
- Discover how to plan initiatives as well as to adapt to changes within the flexible framework of Scrum
By the end of this course participants will:
- Have the knowledge of Scrum, as well as have the required insights into complexity, team-based collaboration, and self-organisation as essential components in mastering Scrum.
- Be able to readily recognise, define, and work with the concepts, advantages, and challenges of the Scrum framework
- Be prepared to play the role of Scrum Master in their organisations and help their organisations adopt the Scrum Framework.
- Be able to identify, understand the other roles in Scrum and have the knowledge of how to work as a Scrum Team.
- Be knowledgeable about how to effectively predict issues relating to the practical application of Scrum early
- Be knowledgeable about the appropriate tools to tackle, solve, and take the lead on Scrum issues in their organisations
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed for:
- New entrants into the world of Scrum and Agile
- Anyone responsible for the successful use and Scrum in a project or enterprise.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
This course is designed for:
- Engaging sessions and learning online
- Electronic copy of the course materials
- Trainer with both hands-on and classroom experience
- Ongoing engagement with the trainer, Pete Lauren Consulting, and other participants
ONLINE TRAINING TOOLS AND PREPARATION
- This class will be delivered virtually. Online meeting links will be sent the day before the class start.
- It is recommended that you can have a quiet environment to work in for the full duration of the class. Headphones are also highly recommended and be prepared to turn on your camera for class engagement.
- If you are using your work laptop, please ensure that your VPN will not cause connection issues or block external software. If uncertain, please use your personal computer.
Please note that the certification fee is not included.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 sessions
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 29
- Assessments Yes